A book of dravving, limning, vvashing or colouring of maps and prints [microform] : and the art of painting, with the names and mixtures of colours used by the picture-drawers. Or, The young-mans time well spent. In which he hath the ground-work to make him fit for doing any thing by hand, when he is able to draw well. By the use of this work, you may draw all parts of a man, leggs, armes, hands and feet, severally and together. And directions for birds, beasts, landskips, ships, and the like. Moreover, grounds to lay silver or gold upon; and how silver or gold shall be laid or limned upon size; and the way to temper gold and silver, and other mettals, and divers kinds of colours, to write, or to limne withal upon vellum, parchment, or paper, and how to lay them upon the work which thou intendest to make; and how to varnish it when thou hast done. How also to diaper and shadow things, and to highten them, to stand off: to deepen them, and make them glister. In this book you have the necessary instruments for drawing, and the use of them; and how to make artificial pas
- Additional Titles:
- Book of drawing, limning, washing or colouring of maps and prints and Young-mans time well spent
- London : printed by M. Simmons, for Thomas Jenner; and are to be sold at his shop, at the south entrance of the Royal Exchange, 1666.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 20 leaves : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Dürer, Albrecht, 1471-1528 and Jenner, Thomas, -1673
- Compiled by Thomas Jenner., Later editions under title: Albert Dürer revived, or, A book of drawing., Leaf B1r has a portrait of Dürer engraved by Francis Delarame, and the title: A booke of the art of drawing according to ye order of Albert Durer, Jean Cozijn, etc., Reproduction of original in the Folger Shakespeare Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1997. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2473:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) B3705AD
View MARC record | catkey: 4110554