An order and declaration. Whereas the pay of his Majesties armies depends upon due satisfaction of the arrears of former assessments ... [microform].
- Corporate Author:
- England and Wales. Parliament. House of Commons
- Uniform Title:
- Proceedings. 1660-05-17
- Additional Titles:
- Whereas the pay of his Majesties armies depends upon due satisfaction of the arrears of former assessments
- London : printed by Edward Husbands and Thomas Newcomb, printers to the Commons House of Parliament, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page)
- "If the arrears of former assessments, of that for l100,000 from December to June, and the sums due from recusants, are not paid ('though not imposed by such an authority as was legal') the army will be forced to take free quarters. All arrears are to be paid at once. All officers to furnish accounts forthwith" -- Steele.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "May 28".
At end: Thursday, 17 May. 1660. Ordered by the Commons assembled in Parliament, that this order and declaration be forthwith printed and published. W. Jessop, Clerk of the Commons House of Parliament".
Reproduction of original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Steele notation: Arms 23 Arrears (though any).
Title from caption and opening lines of text.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2497:28).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Steele I, 3204
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) E1677
View MARC record | catkey: 4110725