Pharmacopoeia Londinensis: or the London dispensatory [microform] : furhter adorned by the studies and collections of the fellows now living, of the said college. In this impression you may find, 1. Three hundred useful additions. 2. All the notes that were in the margent are brought into the book between two such crotchets as these 3. The virtues, qualities, and properties of every simple. 4. The virtues and use of the compounds. 5. Cautions in giving all medicines that are dangerous. 6. All the medicines that were in the Old Latin dispensatory, and are left out in the New Latin one, are printed in this impression in English with their virtues. 7. A key to Galen and Hippocrates, their method of physick, containing thirty three chapters. 8. In this impression, the Latin mane of every one of the compounds is printed, and in what page of the new folio Latin book they are to be found. By Nich. Culpeper Gent. Student in Physick and Astrology
- Culpeper, Nicholas, 1616-1654
- London : printed for Awnsham and John Churchill, at the Black Swan in Pater-Noster-Row, 1695.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, 269 pages, 39 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Galen. Index and Royal College of Physicians of London. English
- "Originally published in 1649 under title: A physicall directory, or, A translation of the London dispensatory, made by the College of Physicians in London"--NUC pre-1956 imprints., In the 11th line of the title, brackets follow title word "these"., Nicholas Culpeper's translation and reworking (with many additions) of the "Pharmacopœia Londinensis"., Reproduction of original in the British Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2511:5).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) C7537
View MARC record | catkey: 4111060