The Kings Majesties most gracious letter and declaration to the bishops, deans and prebends &c [microform].
- Corporate Author:
- England and Wales. Sovereign (1660-1685 : Charles II)
- London : printed for John Jones, 1660.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page)
- Additional Creators:
- Charles II, King of England, 1630-1685
Church of England
- "The clergy must be paid sufficiently. No leases of rectories or parsonages to be signed unless the vicarages or curacies have at least £100 or £80 per annum.... Prebendaries are to comply with this order, which is to be enforced by Deans, Bishops, and Archbishops, on pain of displeasure." -- Steele.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Aug 11".
Arms 11; Steele notation: a maintenance afterwards.
Dated at end: 7th of August 1660.
Reproduction of original in the Henry E. Huntington Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2552:9).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Steele I, 3237
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) C3134
View MARC record | catkey: 4111446