Cheshires successe, since their pious and truly valiant collonell Sr. VVilliam Brereton Barronet, came to their rescue [microform] : Set forth in 4. chapters; I. The battell at Namptwich, Jan. 28. II. The battell at Torperley, Feb. 21. III. An account how the time was spent since Sir William's first advancing into the county, till the battell at Middlewich. IIII. The memorable battell at Middlewich, March 13. Confirmed by a letter sent from that industrious and faithfull collonell unto his deare friend in London: and a copy of the same unto an Honourable Member of the House of Commons, and by the House ordered to be printed
- Additional Titles:
- Cheshires successe, since their pious and truly valiant collonell Sr. William Brereton Barronet, came to their rescue
Title continues: Together with a catalogue of the names of the chiefe commanders that were taken prisoners at the said battell: which are 1. baronet, 1. collonell, 1. lievtenant collonell 2. sergeant majors, 9. captaines, 6. lievtenants, 4. ensignes, 2. corporalls, 1. quartermaster, 2. canoniers, 4. cornets colours, 400. and odde prisoners; 2. brasse pieces 8. barrells of gunpowder, &c. Whereunto is added a strange warrant, &c. And certain newes of the great battell neare Stafford, much like Kyneton battell
- London : March 27. Printed for Thomas Vnderhill, and [...], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 unnumbered page, 3, 2, 12-13 pages, 5 unnumbered pages
- CLU-C copy, reel 2552, is cropped at foot affecting imprint and text.
Date of publication from Wing CD-ROM, 1996.
Reproduction of original in the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, University of California, Los Angeles, California.
The page following p. 3 is numbered 2.
With accounts of military battles in Cheshire, a number of letters, and "A copie of a vvarrant sent abroad in Cheshire, from the chiefe agents for the King in that county, and which should have been put in strict execution, had not the good successe of valiant Sir William Breerton hindered it".
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2552:26).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) C3784aA
View MARC record | catkey: 4111611