Atlas maritimus. or A book of charts [microform] : Describeing the sea coasts capes headlands sands shoals rocks and dangers the bayes roads harbors rivers and ports, in most of the knowne parts of the world. With the true courses and distances, from one place to another. Gathered from the latest and best discoveryes, that have bin made by divers able and experienced navigators of our English nation. Accomodated with an hydrographicall description of the whole world. By John Seller. Hidrographer to ye Kings most excellent Majestie
- Seller, John, active 1658-1698
- Additional Titles:
- Sea-Atlas and Book of charts
- [London] : And are to be sold by him, at the Hermitage Staires in Wapping and at his shop in the Exchange Alley near the Royall Exchange in London, [1672?]
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, pages, 40 unnumbered leaves of plates : maps
- Below imprint: Cum privilegio., First publication, with 26 maps, under title: Atlas maritimus, or, A book of charts. [London, 1670?] but all copies and editions vary in contents. Cf. Phillips., Publication date from Wing CD-ROM, 1996., Reproduction of original in the John Carter Brown Library., The maps are on 39 double plates., Title page is engraved and is counted with the plates., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2556:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Phillips 487 and Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) S2463C
View MARC record | catkey: 4111645