The art of setting or composing of musick in parts [microform] : By a most familiar and easie rule: in three severall treatises. I. Of making foure parts in counterpoint. II. A necessary discourse of the severall keyes, and their proper closes. III. The allowed passages of all concords perfect and imperfect. / By Dr. Tho: Campion
- Campion, Thomas, 1567-1620
- London : Printed for John Playford, & are sold at his shop in the Inner Temple, 1655.
- The second edition / with large annotations thereon by Mr. Christopher Sympson: also two discourses (by way of preface) on the gamut or scale of musick, setting forth a shorter and surer way for the calling the notes in singing, then the gam-ut doth demonstrate: the first by Dr. Campion, the second by Mr. Ch: Sympson.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 48 pages : music
- Additional Creators:
- Simpson, Christopher, -1669
- Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2567:14)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) C408D
View MARC record | catkey: 4112017