The power of God overpowering the creature [microform] : Which power came upon me William Britten, the 3d. day of the 11th. month, (called February) 1659. not suffering me to depart my chamber, until I had promised the Lord to answer a book, which I had then never seen, and but once heard of; set forth by William Prynne in defence of tyths, &c. and to present the answer in print unto the governing power of England for the time being. But making delayes, and Fran. Spira-like, consulting with flesh and blood, the Lord terrified me in conscience for neglect, yet in mercy did set me (like Jonah) the second time upon the same work
- Britten, William, -1669
- Additional Titles:
- No Gospel plea for tyths, &c.
- London : Printed for the author, 1660. and London : Printed and are to be sold by Rob Wilson, at the sign of the Black-Spread Eagle, and Wind-Mill, in Martins near Aldersgate.
- Physical Description:
- 46 pages
- Imperfect: tightly bound with some loss of print., Reproduction of original in the Friends' Library, London, England., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2615:37)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) B4824A
View MARC record | catkey: 4112699