The hidden treasures of the art of physick [microform] ; fully discovered, in four books. Containing 1. A physical description of man. 2. The causes, signs and cures of all diseases incident to the body. 3. The general cure of wounds, tumors and ulcers. 4. A general rule, for making all kind of medicines; with the use and nature of distilled waters, juyces, decoctions, conserves, powders, electuaries, plaisters, &c. To which is added three necessary tables, 1. Showeth the contents of the four books. 2. Explaineth all the terms of art which are used in physick and chirurgery. 3. Explaining the nature and use of simples what they are, and where they grow. A work whereby the diligent reader may, without the help of other authors, attain to the knowledge of the art above-named. / By John Tanner ...
- Tanner, John, approximately 1636-1715
- London : Printed by John Streater, and are to be sold by George Sawbridge, at his house on Clerken-well-Green, 1667.
- The second edition, with additions.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 324, that is, 326 pages, 22 unnumbered pages
- Error in paging: p. 271-272 repeated in pagination., Imperfect: tightly bound with some loss of text., Reproduction of original in the British Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2628:1)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) T137
View MARC record | catkey: 4112930