The historie of the world [microform] : in five books. The first. Intreating of the beginning and first ages of the same, from the Creation unto Abraham. The second. Of the times from the birth of Abraham to the destruction of the Temple of Solomon. The third. From the destruction of Jerusalem to the Time of Philip of Macedon. The fourth. From the reign of Philip of Macedon to the establishing of that kingdom in the race of Antigonus. The fifth. From the settled rule of Alexanders successors in the East, untill the Romans (prevailing over all) made conquest of Asia and Macedon. / By Sir Walter Ralegh, knight
- Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618
- Uniform Title:
- History of the world
- London : Printed for Robert White, John Place, and George Dawes; and are to be sold by Thomas Rookes at the Lamb and Ink-bottle at the East-end of St. Pauls, M DC LX VI. 
- Physical Description:
- 62 unnumbered pages, 1, 143 pages, 54 unnumbered pages, 18 unnumbered leaves of plates : portrait (metal cut), maps (metal cut).
- Additional Creators:
- Jonson, Ben, 1573?-1637, Dawes, George, active 1663-1685, Elstracke, Renold, active 1590-1630, Hole, William, -1624, Holland, Compton, Pass, Simon van de, 1595?-1647, Place, John, active 1645-1686, and White, Robert, active 1639-1677
- Ben Jonson's stanzas "The mind of the front" follows general t.p.
Engraved portrait of Raleigh signed: "Sim. Pass. sculp.", "Comp Holland inv."
Numerous errors in paging.
Reproduction of original in: Birmingham Central Reference Library (Birmingham, England).
The  leaves of plates include 8 engraved maps (one signed: "Guili. Hole fecit.") mounted as double plates.
Title page in red and black.
With added engraved title page signed: "Ren. Elstracke sculpsit." and dated 1666; headpieces, initials.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 2000. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2658:4)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) R164B
View MARC record | catkey: 4113484