The Holy Bible [microform] : containing the Old Testament and the Nevv / newly translated out of the originall tongues, and with the former translations diligently compared and reuised, by his Maiesties speciall commandement ; appointed to be read in churches
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. English. Authorized. 1631
- Printed at London : By Robert Barker, Printer to the Kings most Excellent Maiestie, and by the assignes of Iohn Bill, Anno 1631[i.e. 1632?]
- Physical Description:
- 935 unnumbered pages : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629
- Related Titles:
- Genealogies recorded in the sacred Scriptures
- Illustrated t.p.s of Old and New Testaments contain symbols of the Twelve Tribes of Israel, the Four Evangelists, and the Twelve Apostles (McK. & Ferg. 233).
Imperfect: stained and tightly bound, with loss of text.
Includes, bound at beginning: John Speed. The genealogies recorded in the sacred Scriptures ..., 1636 (STC 2nd ed. 23039e.14), which also appears cataloged separately at reel 1858:40.
New Testament t.p. dated 1632.
Numbers XXVI:3 "neere Ieri-/cho, saying"; Z₁r headline: "...in the creature"
Reproduction of original in the British and Foreign Bible Society.
Signatures: Genealogies, A-B⁸, C-D²; Bible, A-3K⁸.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1987. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1939:1)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 2297
View MARC record | catkey: 4113696