The testaments of the twelue patriarches [microform] : the sonnes of Iacob: translated out of the Greeke into Latine by Robert Grosthed, sometime Byshop of Lyncolne, and out of hys copye into French and Dutch by others: Now englished [sic] by A. G. To the credit whereof an auncyent Greeke copye written in parchment, is kept in the Uniuersitie Library of Cambridge
- Uniform Title:
- Testamentum duodecim patriarcharum. English
- Additional Titles:
- Testament of Iacob, that he made at his death, Testament of Jacob, that he made at his death, and Testaments of the twelve patriarches
- At London : printed by Iohn Day [i.e. by J. Kingston for John Day], dwelling ouer Aldersgate, 1577.
- Physical Description:
- 5 unnumbered pages, 78 [i.e. 77], 2 unnumbered leaves : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Gilby, Anthony, approximately 1510-1585, Golding, Arthur, 1536-1606, and Grosseteste, Robert, 1175?-1253
- A translation, sometimes attributed to Anthony Gilby or to Arthur Golding, "Testamentum duodecim patriarcharum"., Actual printer's name from STC., At foot of title: Cum priuilegio Regiæ Maiestatis., Caption title on p. 1: The testament of Iacob, that he made at his death, ... ., Reproduction of original in the All Souls College Library, Oxford, England., With numerous errors in pagination., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1988. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1975:5).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 19467.5
View MARC record | catkey: 4113963