The treasuri of helth [microform] : contaynynge many profytable medicines, gathered out of Hipocratz [sic], Gale[n] [and] Auicen by one Petrus Hyspanus [and] tra[n]slated into Englysh by Hu[m]fre Lloyd who hath added therunto ye causes [and] sygnes of euer[y] dysease, w[ith] the aphorismes of Hipocrates, and Iacobus de Partybus redacted to a certayne order according to ye me[m]bres of mans bodys, and a compendiouse table conteynyng the purging and confortatiue medicines, wyth the exposicion of certayne names [and] weyghtes in thys boke contayned wyth an epystle of Diocles vnto Kyng Antigonus
- John XXI, Pope, -1277
- Uniform Title:
- Thesaurus pauperum. English
- [Imprinted at London] : [in Fletestrete at the signe of the Rosegarla[n]d by Wyllyam Coplande, [1556?]]
- Physical Description:
- 456 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Diocles, of Carystus
Llwyd, Humphrey, 1527-1568
- Related Titles:
- Epistola de secunda valetudine tuenda. English
- A translation of: Thesaurus pauperum.
Item at reel 1994:1 incorrectly identified as STC 14651.7.
Petrus Hyspanus = Pope John XXI.
Printer's name and place of publication from colophon; date of publication from STC.
Reproductions of original in the Bodleian Library.
Signatures: A4 B-Y a-g.
The "epystle of Diocles vnto kyng Antigonus" is a translation of "Epistola de secunda valetudine tuenda" by Diocles of Carystus.
The last leaf is blank.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1940, 1991. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 81:5 and 1994:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 14652
View MARC record | catkey: 4114224