The true copie, of a letter vvritten to a gentleman of vvorship in England [microform] : Lamentably discoursing the crueltie of Bashavv Mahomet, high admirall to the great Turke: vvho vvith a fleete of one hundred and seauen gallies, entred the confines of the Christian princes within the Straits of Gibraltar. With his landing in Sicilia an iland of the Spanish kings, which hee burned and spoiled, taking many prisoners. Also the taking of two of the principall gallies of the Duke of Florence with one thousand fighting men: the taking and burning of three great ships in the Vale of Messina, and two others in the gulphe of Venice, one which being a Venetian, the other a Fleming
- Additional Titles:
- Admirall of the great Turkes inuasion of Sicilia an Iland of the Spanish kings
True copie of a letter written to a gentleman of worship in England
- Printed at London : By I.D. for Thomas Gosson: and are to be sold at his shop by London Bridge Gate, 1595.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 11 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- Caption title on p. 1: The admirall of the great Turkes inuasion of Sicilia an Iland of the Spanish kings, ... .
Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library, Oxford, England.
Signed at end: R. La.
Title page is A2.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1991. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1994:11).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 15115.5
View MARC record | catkey: 4114232