The mathematical ievvel [microform] : shewing the making, and most excellent vse of a singuler instrument so called: in that it performeth with wonderfull dexteritie, whatsoeuer is to be done, either by quadrant, ship, circle, cylinder, ring, dyall, horoscope, astrolabe, sphere, globe, or any such like heretofore deuised: ... The vse of which iewel, is so aboundant and ample, that it leadeth any man practising thereon, the direct pathway ... through the whole artes of astronomy, cosmography, ... and briefely of whatsoeuer concerneth the globe or sphere: ... The most part newly founde out by the author, compiled and published ... by Iohn Blagraue of Reading gentleman and well willer to the mathematickes, who hath cut all the prints or pictures of the whole worke with his owne hands. 1585
- Blagrave, John, -1611
- Additional Titles:
- Margarita mathematica and Mathematical jewel
- Imprinted at London : By Walter Venge, dwelling in Fleetelane ouer against the Maiden head, 
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 124 pages, 2 unnumbered plates, folded table : illustrations (woodcuts)
- Includes index., L copy, reel 2021, minus H4., Reproduction of original in the British Library., Signatures: [par.]⁴ 2[par.]² A-P⁴ Q² ., The "plates" are similar woodcuts with recto title "Margarita mathematica"; one verso title is "The mathematicall ievvell", the other "The reete"., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1996. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2021:10).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 3119
View MARC record | catkey: 4114674