The first tome or volume of the paraphrase of Erasmus vpon the newe testamente [microform].
- Erasmus, Desiderius, -1536
- Uniform Title:
- Paraphrases in Novum Testamentum. English. Vol. 1
- Additional Titles:
- First tome or volume of the paraphrase of Erasmus upon the newe testamente
- Enpriented at London : In Fletestrete at the signe of the sunne by Edwarde Whitchurche, The last daie of Ianuarie. Anno Domini. 1548.
- Physical Description:
- 20 unnumbered pages, cxxi [i.e. cx], 8 unnumbered pages, xciiii; 14 unnumbered pages, xii, xii-lxxxiii, 1 unnumbered page, lxxv-cxciiii; 8 unnumbered pages, liii, lv-cxiiii [i.e. cxvii]; 2 unnumbered pages, lxv, 1 unnumbered page, lxvi-lxxxvii leaves
- Additional Creators:
- Mary I, Queen of England, 1516-1558
Caius, Thomas, -1572
Udall, Nicholas, 1505-1556
- Each book has separate foliation; Luke through Acts each have separate register.
In this edition, Matthew B1r catchword is "whiche".
Leaves cviiii, cx of Matthew misnumbered ciiii, cxxi. Leaf after (Luke) lxxxiii numbered lxxxviii. Leaf cxvii of John misnumbered cxiiii. The leaf after (Acts) lxv is an unnumbered insert.
Mark is translated by Thomas Caius, Luke by Nicholas Udall, John by Princess Mary Tudor with the help of Francis Malet; the others anonymous. The whole edited by Udall.
Mark, Gg1r catchword: "of theyr"; Luke, e1r catchword: "And"; John, A1r catchword: "by"; Acts, A1r catchword: "derfull". However, copies frequently have sections mixed from STC 2854.
Reproduction of original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
With the Bible text in the Great Bible version.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1947. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 302:5).
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1475:10).
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2073:4).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Darlow & Moule (Rev. 1968) 72
Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 2854.2
View MARC record | catkey: 4115128