The English improver, or a new survey of husbandry [microform] : Discovering to the kingdome, that some land, both arrable and pasture, may be advanced double or treble; other land to a five or tenfold: and some to a twenty fold improvement: yea, some now not worth above one, or two shillings, per acree, be made worth thirty, or forty, if not more. Clearly demonstrated from principles of sound reason, ingenuity, and late but most certaine reall experiences. Held forth under six peeces of improvement: viz. 1. By floating or watering such lands as are capable thereof. 2. By reducing boggy or drowned land to found pasture. 3. By such a way of ploughing and corneing old courser pasture, as not to impoverish it; and by such a method of enclosure, as shall provide for poore, and all interests without depopulation. 4. By discovering divers materials for soyle and compost, with the nature and use of them, as both tillage and pasture be advanced as high as promised. 5. By such a new plantation of divers sorts of woods, as in twenty yeares, they shall rise more than in forty yeares naturally. 6. By a more moderate improvement of other sorts of lands, according to their capacities they lye under, by more common experiences. / By Walter Blith a lover of ingenuity
- Blith, Walter, active 1649
- Additional Titles:
- New survey of husbandry
- London : printed for J. Wright at the Kings Head in the Old-Bayley, 1649.
- Physical Description:
- 28 unnumbered pages, 168 pages, 8 unnumbered pages
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "Dec: 1st".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 76:E.474).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Catalogue of the Goldsmiths' Library of Economic Literature, 1005
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) B3194.
View MARC record | catkey: 4116683