Golden remains of the ever memorable Mr Iohn Hales of Eton College &c [microform].
- Hales, John, 1584-1656
- Additional Titles:
- Golden remains of the ever memorable Mr John Hales of Eton College &c.
- London : Printed for Tim: Garthwait at the little north doore of St. Paules, 1659.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 188; 80; 48 pages : illustrations (metal cut)
- Additional Creators:
- Balcanquhall, Walter, 1586?-1645
Gunning, Peter, 1614-1684
Hollar, Wenceslaus, 1607-1677
Pearson, John, 1613-1686
- Related Titles:
- Choice sermons preach't on several eminent occasions
Mr. Hales letters from the Synod of Dort to the Right Honourable Sr. Dudley Carlton
My very good Lord, my business is now effected by your L. care to my contentment
- "Choice sermons preach't on several eminent occasions" has separate title page on a4v.
"Mr. Hales letters from the Synod of Dort to the Right Honourable Sr. Dudley Carlton, .." (caption title) begins new pagination on *A1.
"To the reader" signed: John Pearson.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "July 13".
Another issue (Wing H270) has title page in another cutting (unsigned) and imprint with "printed for R· Pawlet".
Edited by Peter Gunning, whose name appears on a3v.
Letters from Walter Balcanquhall at the Synod of Dort to Sir Dudley Carlton (no title, text begins "My very good Lord, my business is now effected by your L. care to my contentment, ..") begins new pagination on [bracketed A]1.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
The title page is engraved and signed: W. Hollar fecit. 1659.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 117:E.769).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.769.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) H269.
View MARC record | catkey: 4119200