The peoples prerogative and priviledges, asserted and vindicated, (against all tyranny whatsoever.) By law and reason [microform] : Being a collection of the marrow and soule of Magna Charta, and of all the most principall statutes made ever since to this present yeare, 1647. For the preservation of the peoples liberties and properties. With cleare proofs and demonstrations, that now their lawes and liberties are nigher subvertion, then they were when they first began to fight for them, by a present swaying powerfull faction, amongst the Lords, Commons, and Army, ... so that perfect vassalage and slavery (by force of armes) in the nature of Turkish janisaries, or the regiments of the guards of France, is likely (to perpetuitie) to be setled, if the people doe not speedily look about them, and act vigorusly for the preventing of it. / Compiled by Lievt. Col. John Lilburne, prerogative prisoner in the Tower of London, and published by him for the instruction, information and benefit of all true hearted English-men
- Lilburne, John, 1614?-1657
- London : [publisher not identified], Printed in the yeare, when some of the mercinary officers and souldiers of Sir Thomas Fairfaxes Army, that were pretendedly raised for to fight for the liberties and freedomes of England, avowedly drew their swords at the House of Commons doore, to destroy those that really stood for their lawes and liberties, 1647 [i.e. 1648]
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 76; 4 unnumbered pages
- Related Titles:
- For every individuall Member of the Honourable House of Commons
- "For every individuall Member of the Honourable House of Commons" (caption title), also issued separately as Wing L2109, has separate register., Annotation on Thomason copy: "Feb: 14th 1647"., Imperfect: staining, cropped pages with some loss of text., Reproduction of the original in the British Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 67:E.427).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- McAlpin Coll., II, p. 504., Thomason E.427., and Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) L2153.
View MARC record | catkey: 4119487