Goliahs head cut off with his own sword [microform] ; in a combat betwixt little David, the young stripling, who stands in the power and strength of his God, and great Goliah the proud boaster, who stands in his own strength, glorifying in the arm of flesh, and contemning and despising little David, because of his youth. In a reply to a book, set forth by an un-named author, under pretence of an answer to thirty six queries, propounded by James Parnell, whom he in scorn calls, the young Quaker. And also an answer to severall counter-queries, propounded by the same unnamed authour, whom I understand to be one Thomas Draton, a teacher of the world, at Abbey Rippon, in Huntingtonshire, ... and also he that takes his part, who writes himself W.P. who knowes not the power of God, and therefore glories in the length of time, and the multitude of years. ... / Given forth from the spirit of the Lord in the behalf of Israel against the armies of the aliens, who muster up themselves against the Lord, and his authority: by a friend to the common-wealth of Israel, who is known to the world, by the name James Parnel. Who is a sufferer in outward bonds, for the testimony of the everlasting truth, in Colchester Castle. 1655
- Parnell, James, 1636-1656
- London : Printed for Giles Calvert, at the Black-spread-Eagle, at the West end of Pauls, 1655.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 46, 41-85 pages, 3 unnumbered pages
- A reply to: Drayton, Thomas. An answer according to truth, that trembles not, nor quakes, nor quayleth.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Nouember. 27.".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
The last leaf is blank.
W.P. = William Parker?.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 130:E.861).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.861.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) P531.
View MARC record | catkey: 4119854