The discoverer [microform] : Being an answer to a book entituled, Englands new chain, the second part, discovered. Shewing in what part the sayd book is false, scandalous, and reproachfull; in what destructive to the present government; in what particulars it tends to division and mutiny in the army, and the raysing of a new warre; and wherein it hinders the releife of Ireland, and continuing of free-quarter; according to the Parliaments censure upon the sayd booke. Also the generall officers of the army are here cleared from sundry falshoods, and slanders charged upon them: with a further discovery of many dangerous and destructive designes still carryed on by the levelling party, against the peace, safety, and freedome of the people. The second part
- Canne, John, -1667?
- Uniform Title:
- Discoverer. Part 2
- London : Printed by Matthew Simmons, 1649.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 80 pages
- Lilburne, John, 1614?-1657. Englands new chains discovered. Part 2.
- England and Wales. Army—Early works to 1800
- Censorship—England—Early works to 1800
- Levellers—Early works to 1800
- Great Britain—History—Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1649-1660—Early works to 1800
- Great Britain—Politics and government—1649-1660—Early works to 1800
- Ireland—History—1649-1660—Early works to 1800
- A reply to: Lilburne, John. Englands new chains discovered. Part 2.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "July 13th".
Attributed to John Canne.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 87:E.564).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.564.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) C437.
View MARC record | catkey: 4121839