Jesus Christ, the same to day, as yesterday, in life and power, in afflictions and sufferings [microform] : and the seed of the serpent the same now, as ever, in darkness and emnity; in rage and persecution. Being for removal of the stumbling block out of the way of the simple, concerning the testimony now given against the priests, and their worships, (viz.) Cannot you let them alone, why do ye disturb them, and their assemblies? go unto their houses, or to some private place, and speak to them there; cannot you give the same liberty to others, which you would have yourselves? Wherein is manifested, that what estimation, and enterrainment [sic] the witness of Jesus receiveth at this day from the men of the world, is the same, as it hath alwayes been from the beginning. / Given forth for the sake of the honest-hearted, and in witness of the truth, as it is in Jesus, every where spoken against, scorned, and persecuted, under the reproachful name of quaking. George Bishop
- Bishop, George, -1668
- London : Printed for Giles Calvert, at the Black-spread Eagle at the west-end of Pauls, 1655.
- Physical Description:
- 28, that is, 29 pages, 3 unnumbered pages
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "quack of Bristoll" follows the words "George Bishop" at end of title; "Decemb: 7".
In the British Library copy the last leaf bears errata identical to those found on D3v (signed D4v), but with a heading "Friends, by reason of the authors absence; .." in place of "Errata"; it may have been intended as a slip cancel. This final leaf is included in the reported pagination.
P. 29 misnumbered 28.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 130:E.861).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.861.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) B2995.
View MARC record | catkey: 4122319