A Remonstrance, manifesting the lamentable miseries of the creditors and servants of the late King, Queen, & Prince [microform] : Who vvith great sums purchas'd their places during their lives, and receiving no benefit therof, since 1639. did for a long time expect an agreement between the King and Parliament. But the event proving otherwise, they by that occasion losing their places, and therewith the only means of their subsistence; therefore the late Parliament in consideration thereof, by an Act June 1649. ordained, that they should be satisfied of all their just debts due before these wars, out of the goods and personal estate of the late King, Queen, and Prince: of which also they were exceedingly frustrated, for 28000 l. in ready mony, and about 40000 l. worth of the said goods were taken from their use, and many of the said goods are still in the use of particular men, whilst many of the said creditors and servants begg, and starve forwant [sic] of bread. Yet the survivers, with the widows and orphans of the rest deceased, have just cause to hope, that his Excellency the Lord Gen. Cromwell, Major Gen. Harrison, and others, who were instrumentall in procuring the said Act, will likewise in all reason, equity, and compassion see it fulfilled; seeing God hath given them power, authority, and opportunity to do many such just, and needfull acts, for preventing the ruin of hundreds of poor families, which otherwise would speedily follow
- London : [publisher not identified], Printed in the year, 1653.
- Physical Description:
- 5 unnumbered pages, 11 pages
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "May 23"., Reproduction of the original in the British Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 107:E.693).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.693. and Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) R986.
View MARC record | catkey: 4122675