Vindiciæ veritatis. Or An ansvver to a discourse intituled, Truth it's manifest [microform] ; discovering the manifest falshoods, malicious slanders, & seditious practices, which therein are masked under this specious name of truth: and shewing how this discourse was printed and spread abroad by the author thereof, to uphold and maintain the credit of the Scots his countrey-men, and to excuse and palliate many unworthy carriages of theirs; accusing, aspering, and slandering those, who deserved best, for refusing to joyn with them in those unworthy actions, but rather opposing them. Wherein also divers passages worth observation, touching the late transactions, are occasionally inserted; perhaps not so fully as yet laid open to the view of the world
- Fiennes, Nathaniel, 1607 or 1608-1669
- Additional Titles:
- Ansvver to a discourse intituled, Truth it's manifest, Answer to a discourse intituled, Truth it's manifest, Vindiciæ veritatis, and Vindiciæ veritatis. or An answer to a discourse intituled, Truth it's manifest
- [London] : [publisher not identified], Printed in the year 1654.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 164, 82 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- A reply to: Buchanan, David. Truth it's manifest.
Annotations on Thomason copy: "by mr Nathan: Fines" under 'Vindiciæ veritatis.'; "written by David Buchanan" under 'truth it's manifest;'; "7ber [i.e., September] 12".
Attributed to Nathaniel Fiennes by Wing.
Place of publication from Wing.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 123:E.811).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason 811.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) F884.
View MARC record | catkey: 4123196