Truth triumphing over falshood, antiquity over novelty. Or, The first part of a just and seasonable vindication of the undoubted ecclesiasticall iurisdiction, right, legislative, coercive power of Christian emperors, kings, magistrates, parliaments, in all matters of religion, church-government, discipline, ceremonies, manners [microform] : summoning of, presiding, moderating in councells, synods; and ratifying their canons, determinations, decrees: as likewise of lay-mens right both to sit and vote in councells; ... In refutation of Mr. Iohn Goodwins Innocencies Triumph: my deare brother Burtons Vindication of churches, commonly called Independent: and of all anti-monarchicall, anti-Parliamentall, anti-synodicall, and anarchicall paradoxes of papists, prelates, Anabaptists, Arminians, Socinians, Brownists, or Independents: whose old and new objections to the contrary, are here fully answered. / By William Prynne, of Lincolnes Inne, Esquire
- Prynne, William, 1600-1669
- Additional Titles:
- First part of a just and seasonable vindication of the undoubted ecclesiasticall iurisdiction, right, legislative, coercive power of Christian emperors, kings, magistrates, parliaments, in all matters of religion, church-government, discipline, ceremonies, manners
- London : Printed by John Dawson, and are to be sold by Michael Sparke, Senior, 1645.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 156 pages
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "January. 2d. 1644"; the 5 in imprint date crossed out., At foot of title, above imprint: Decem. 3. 1644. It is ordered by the Committee of the House of Commons, concerning Printing, that this book, entituled, Truth triumphing over falsehood, antiquity over novelty. be printed by Mich. Sparke, Senior. John White. ["Truth triumphing over falsehood, antiquity over novelty." is enclosed in square brackets]., Reproduction of the original in the British Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 44:E.259).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.259. and Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) P4115.
View MARC record | catkey: 4127627