The humble petition and protestation of the county of Kent [microform] : presented the 30th of August, 1642. to the honorable Houses of Parliament by Sir John Sidley knight, with many thousands of hands thereunto. Wherein they disclaim that late, bold, and unexampled petition sent to His Majestie, contrived by a few malevolent, ambitious and loose persons, and their reall affections to King and Parliament. Together with Sir John Sidleys speech upon the presenting of the said petition. Also, the answer of the House of Commons to the said petition delivered by their speaker. Ordered by the Commons in Parliament, that these petitions be forthwith printed and published: H. Elsynge, Cler. Parl. D. Com
- London : Printed by Luke Norton and John Field for E. Husband and J. Franck, and are to be sold at their shops in the Middle-Temple, and next door to the Kings-head in Fleetstreet, September 1. 1642.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Sidley, John, Sir, 1559 or 1560-
- In "The humble petition and resolvtion of the countie of Kent" the petition here headed "To the right honourable, the Commons House of Parliament" (p. 6-7) is directed to the House of Lords.
Occasioned by "The humble petition of the Commons of Kent, agreed upon at their generall assizes" of 1 August 1642.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 20:E.115).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.115.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) H3435.
View MARC record | catkey: 4128293