A directory for midvvives [microform] : or, a guide for women, in their conception, bearing, and suckling their children. Containing, 1. The anatomie of the vessels of generation. 2. The formation of the child in the womb. 3. What hinders conception, and its remedies. 4. What furthers conception. 6. Of miscarriage in women. 7. A guide for women in their labor. 8. A guide for women in their lying-in. 9. Of nursing children. By Nich. Culpeper, Gent. Student in physick and astrologie
- Culpeper, Nicholas, 1616-1654
- Uniform Title:
- Directory for midwives. Part 1
- Additional Titles:
- Directory for midwives and Guide for women
- London : Printed by Peter Cole, at the sign of the Printing-Press in Cornhil, near the Royal Exchange, 1651.
- Physical Description:
- 32 unnumbered pages, 217 pages, 23 unnumbered pages, plates
- Anontation on Thomason copy: "Apr: 12"., Reproductions of the originals in the Cushing Collection, Yale University Medical School Library (Early English books) and in the British Library (Thomason Tracts)., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 177:E.1340).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.1340. and Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) C7488.
View MARC record | catkey: 4129077