A presentation of wholesome informations, unto the King of England, &c [microform] : Being a defence pleaded, and also appealed unto him; even to the testimony of the spirit of God in his own conscience. In answer to a certain accusation, charged before him ... against us, whom in derision, the acccuser [sic] calls Quakers. And also, herein are laid down divers considerations ... concerning church-government, and concerning the making and sending forth ministers; and concerning the true prophets and true ministers, and the false; and how they are distinguished, in their call, maintenance, and practises: and that none ought to suffer death of body ... though they may erre in their mindes, in the knowledge and judgement of spiritual things. All which, is soberly presented to the King and his Council, for them to consider / By a servant of Christ, Edward Burroughs
- Burrough, Edward, 1633-1663
- Printed at London : And are to be sold by Richard Moon, bookseller in Wine-street in Bristol, 1660.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 29 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- Willington, George. Thrice welcome, and happy inauguration of our most gracious, and religious sovereign, King Charles II. to the crown and kingdoms of Great-Brittain and Ireland
- Church polity—Early works to 1800
- Clergy—Appointment, call, and election—Early works to 1800
- Society of Friends—Apologetic works—Early works to 1800
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "Sept 6" [crossed out].
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 154:E.1043).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.1043.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) B6017.
View MARC record | catkey: 4129569