Grading student achievement in higher education : signals and shortcomings / Mantz Yorke
- Yorke, Mantz
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 239 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Key issues in higher education series
- Prologue : through a glass, darkly : The complexity of assessment -- Grading and its limitations -- Variations in assessment regulations : three case studies -- UK honours degree classifications, 1994-95 to 2001-02 : a case study -- How real is grade inflation? -- The cumulation of grades -- Value added -- Fuzziness in assessment -- Judgement, rather than measurement? -- Epilogue : beyond the sunset.
- 0415393965 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -230) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4131023