Original sin : power, technology and war in outer space / Bleddyn E. Bowen
- Bowen, Bleddyn E.
- London : Hurst & Company, 2023.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 445 pages) : illustrations (black and white).
- Space technology was developed to enhance the killing power of the state. The Moon landings and the launch of the Space Shuttle were mere sideshows, drawing public attention away from the real goal: military and economic control of space as a source of power on Earth. Today, as Bleddyn E. Bowen vividly recounts, thousands of satellites work silently in the background to provide essential military, intelligence and economic capabilities. No major power can do without them. Beyond Washington, Moscow and Beijing, truly global technologies have evolved, from the ground floor of the nuclear missile revolution to today's orbital battlefield, shaping the wars to come. World powers including India, Japan and Europe are fully realising the strategic benefits of commanding Earth's 'cosmic coastline', as a stage for war, development and prestige.
- 9780197698358 ebook
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2023.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 41325332