The age of fission neutrons to indium resonance energy in graphite. part ii. theory
- Alter, H.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1963.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1963.
- Physical Description:
- microfiche : negative ; 8 x 13 cm
- The first three moments of the distribution, about a point source of fission neutrons, of the slowing down density to indium resonance energy, were calculated for graphite using the Monte Carlo code, TYCHE, The effects of inelastic scattering, and of the anisotropy of elastic scattering, were included. These moments determine the moments of the flux distribution at the indium resonance energy, which are also available from experiments for comparison; such experiments are called age measurements, the age being one-sixth of the second moment. The age was calculated to be 307.4 plus or minus 1.0 cm/sup 2/ and the fourth and sixth moments were 6.590 x 10/sup 6/ cm/sup 4/ and 4.006 x 10/sup 10/ cm/sup 6/, respectively. These are in good agreement with experimentally measured values of 307.8 plus or minus 2.0 cm/sup 2/, 6.577 x 10/sup 6/ cm, and 3.843 x 10/sup 10/ cm/sup 6/. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: AT(11-1)-GEN-8
NSA number: NSA-18-000981
OSTI Identifier 4155793
Research organization: Atomics International. Div. of North American Aviation, Inc., Canoga Park, Calif.
View MARC record | catkey: 41354682