SRE-PEP TITLE I NUCLEAR ANALYSIS
- Bost, D. S.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1964.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1964.
- Physical Description:
- microfiche : negative ; 8 x 13 cm
- >The third core loading of the SRE bas as one of its main objectives the exposure of seven full scale uranium carbide fuel elements to 25,000 Mwd/MTU within a time period of about two years. In order to achieve this objective, a core loading of 33 eight-rod fuel elements and a core power of 30 Mw(t) were specifled. Three of the seven test elements have 0.5 inch rods and a /sup 235/U enrichment of 15%. They will reach 25,000 Mwd/MTU in 14.5 full power months. The remaining four test elemerts have 0.8 inch rods and an enrichment of 6.5%. They will reach their exposure in 24 full power months. Twenty-six elements are used as drivers and are periodically replaced. These elements have 0.6 inch rods and 6.5% enrichment. Ninety driver elements are required for 24 full power months of operation. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: AT-11-1-GEN-8
NSA number: NSA-18-020455
OSTI Identifier 4013739
Research organization: Atomics International. Div. of North American Aviation, Inc., Canoga Park, Calif.
View MARC record | catkey: 41354976