Blue Laser Surgery in Laryngology [electronic resource] / by Abdul-Latif Hamdan, Robert Thayer Sataloff, Omar Ramadan, Daniel Eichorn, Mary J. Hawkshaw
- Hamdan, Abdul-Latif
- Cham : Springer Nature Switzerland : Imprint: Springer, 2023.
- 1st ed. 2023.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 114 p. 217 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sataloff, Robert Thayer, Ramadan, Omar, Eichorn, Daniel, Hawkshaw, Mary J., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Introduction -- 2 Anesthesia Considerations in Office-Based and OR-Based Laryngeal Surgery -- 3 Blue Laser Therapy of Vocal Fold Varices and Ectasias -- 4 Blue Laser Therapy of Exudative Lesions of the Vocal Folds -- 5 Blue Laser Therapy of Vocal Process Granuloma -- 6 Blue Laser Therapy of Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis -- 7 Blue Laser Therapy of Vocal Fold Leukoplakia -- 8 Blue Laser Therapy of Vocal Fold Scars -- 9 Blue Laser Therapy of Laryngeal Stenosis -- 10 Rare Applications of Blue Laser Therapy in Laryngology.
- This book reviews the emerging role of blue laser as a new treatment modality. Laser surgery has revolutionized the treatment of patients with voice disorders. The choice of laser is based primarily on the characteristics of the laser such as wavelength, mode of delivery and spot size, and on the type of pathology that is being treated. Recently, a new laser with hybrid characteristics, namely cutting and hemostatic, has been introduced as the new generation of photoangiolytic lasers. This new laser-the blue laser with a wavelength of 445 nm-is gaining popularity as an alternative to the traditional KTP laser. The book begins with a review of lasers in laryngology, which is followed by a discussion of anesthesia considerations in office-based and OR-based laryngeal surgery. Subsequent chapters detail the surgical steps needed to be able to perform office-based blue laser procedures safely, including the mode of application and the use of adjunctive surgical procedures. These chapters present colored illustrations of various cases of laryngeal pathology before and after treatment. Video-recordings of surgeries performed in-office and in the operating room using the blue laser are included. Finally, the authors cover rare applications of blue laser therapy in laryngology. This is an ideal guide for otolaryngologists and laryngologists, as well as speech-language pathologists, phoniatricians and other voice therapists and trainers.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 41605990