Othello [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents a B.H.E. production for the National Theatre of Great Britain ; produced by Anthony Havelock-Allan and John Brabourne ; directed by Stuart Burge
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title: Laurence Olivier as
- Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (166 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Havelock-Allan, Anthony, Brabourne, John, Burge, Stuart, Olivier, Laurence, 1907-1989, Smith, Maggie, 1934-, Redman, Joyce, 1915-2012, Finlay, Frank, 1926-2016, Unsworth, Geoffrey, 1914-1978, Hampton, Richard, Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967), British Home Entertainment, National Theatre (Great Britain), and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, English or French subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Desdemona defies her father to marry the Moor of Venice, the mighty warrior, Othello. Lago is determined to bring about the downfall of Othello's new favorite, Cassio, and destroy Othello in the process, by casting aspersions on Othello's new bride.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Originally performed on the stage in 1965.
Special features: Vintage featurette "Olivier talks about Othello;" theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Geoffrey Unsworth ; editor, Richard Marden ; music, Richard Hampton.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Laurence Olivier, Maggie Smith, Joyce Redman, Frank Finlay.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (letterbox, enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital mono., dual-layer.
- This DVD is copy protected and may be played only on licensed devices.
No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 4162491