Archaeology of Atlantic Africa and the African diaspora / edited by Akinwumi Ogundiran and Toyin Falola
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 509 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ogundiran, Akinwumi
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Blacks in the diaspora
- Pathways in the archaeology of transatlantic Africa / Akinwumi Ogundiran and Toyin Falola -- Entangled lives : the archaeology of daily life in the Gold Coast hinterlands, AD 1400-1900 / Ann Brower Stahl -- Living in the shadow of the Atlantic world : history and material life in a Yoruba-Edo hinterland, ca. 1600-1750 / Akinwumi Ogundiran -- Dahomey and the Atlantic slave trade : archaeology and political order on the Bight of Benin / J. Cameron Monroe -- Enslavement in the middle Senegal valley : historical and archaeological perspectives / Alioune Déme and Ndèye Sokhna Guèye -- The landscape and society of northern Yorubaland during the era of the Atlantic slave trade / Aribidesi Usman -- The collapse of coastal city-states of East Africa / Chapurukha M. Kusimba -- Ghana's "slave castles," tourism, and the social memory of the Atlantic slave trade / Brempong Osei-Tutu -- Bakongo identity and symbolic expression in the Americas / Christopher C. Fennell -- "In this here place" : interpreting enslaved homeplaces / Whitney L. Battle-Baptiste -- Bringing the out kitchen in? : the experiential landscapes of Black and White New England / Alexandra A. Chan -- African metallurgy in the Atlantic world / Candice L. Goucher -- Between urban and rural : organization and distribution of local pottery in eighteenth-century Jamaica / Mark W. Hauser -- Allies, adversaries, and kin in the African Seminole communities of Florida : archaeology at Pilaklikaha / Terrance Weik -- Scars of brutality : archaeology of the Maroons in the Caribbean / E. Kofi Agorsah -- The archaeological study of the African diaspora in Brazil / Pedro P. Funari -- The vanishing people : archaeology of the African population in Buenos Aires / Daniel Schávelzon -- Maritime archaeology and the African diaspora / Fred L. McGhee -- Archaeology of the African Meeting House on Nantucket / Mary C. Beaudry and Ellen P. Berkland -- Practicing African American archaeology in the Atlantic world / Anna S. Agbe-Davies.
- 9780253349194 (cl : alk. paper)
0253349192 (cl : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 427-491) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4163579