The peninsula question : a chronicle of the second Korean nuclear crisis / Yoichi Funabashi
- Funabashi, Yōichi, 1944-
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 592 pages ; 25 cm
- Prime Minister Koizumi's visit to North Korea -- Koizumi again visits Pyongyang -- HEU program -- The collapse of the agreed framework -- Russia as honest broker? -- Brotherhood -- South Korea as balancer? -- Hu Jintao's "new thinking" diplomacy -- The rise of China -- The launching of the Six-Party Talks -- Six-Party Talks adrift -- Kim Jong-Il visits China -- The peninsula question.
- "Through interviews, gives a behind-the-scenes look at negotiations to denuclearize the Korean peninsula. Offering multiple perspectives on the second Korean nuclear crisis, provides a window of understanding on the historical, geopolitical, and security concerns at play on the peninsula since 2002, paying special attention to China's dealings with North Korea"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780815730101 (cloth : alk. paper)
0815730101 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 483-559) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4163918