Pirates of the Caribbean. At world's end [videorecording] / Jerry Bruckheimer Films ; Walt Disney Pictures ; Second Mate Productions ; produced by Jerry Bruckheimer ; written by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio ; directed by Gore Verbinski
- Additional Titles:
- At world's end
Title on container spine: Pirates of the Caribbean. 3, At world's end
- Burbank, Calif. : Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 
Burbank, Calif. : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (168 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Bruckheimer, Jerry
Elliott, Ted, 1961-
Bloom, Orlando, 1977-
Knightley, Keira, 1985-
Rush, Geoffrey, 1951-
Davenport, Jack, 1973-
Nighy, Bill, 1949-
Hollander, Tom, 1967-
Harris, Naomie, 1976-
Richards, Keith, 1943-
Jerry Bruckheimer Films
Walt Disney Pictures
Second Mate Productions (Firm)
Walt Disney Home Entertainment (Firm)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned, English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- After Elizabeth, Will, and Captain Barbossa rescue Captain Jack Sparrow, who is trapped in Davy Jones' Locker, they must face their foes. Lord Cutler Beckett, now has control of Jones' heart and forms a dark alliance with him in order to rule the seas and wipe out the last of the Pirates. Jack, Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, and crew must call the Pirate Lords from the four corners of the globe, including the infamous Sao Feng, together. The Pirate Lords want to release the goddess Calypso, Davy Jones's damned lover, from the trap they sent her. The Pirate Lords must combine the 9 pieces that bound her by ritual to undo it and release her in hopes that she will help them fight. All pirates will stand together and make their final stand for freedom against Beckett, Jones, Norrington, the Flying Dutchman, and the entire East India Trading Company.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for intense sequences of action/adventure violence and some frightening images.
- Title from container.
Based on the characters created by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert ; Based on Walt Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride.
Special features: Filmmaker commentary; outtakes.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Dariusz Wolski ; editors, Stephen Rivkin, Craig Wood ; music, Hans Zimmer ; costume designer, Penny Rose ; production designer, Rick Heinrichs ; visual effects supervisors, Charles Gibson, Roger Guyett, John Knoll, Eric Nash.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Geoffrey Rush, Jack Davenport, Bill Nighy, Jonathan Pryce, Stellan Skarsgård, Tom Hollander, Naomie Harris, Chow Yun-Fat, Keith Richards.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital.
View MARC record | catkey: 4163988