Evening [videorecording] / Hart-Sharp Entertainment ; produced by Jeff Sharp ; screenplay by Susan Minot and Michael Cunningham ; directed by Lajos Koltai
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (117 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Sharp, Jeffrey
Cunningham, Michael, 1952-
Danes, Claire, 1979-
Redgrave, Vanessa, 1937-
Wilson, Patrick, 1973-
Dancy, Hugh, 1975-
Atkins, Eileen, 1934-
Close, Glenn, 1947-
Pados, Gyula, 1969-
Kaczmarek, Jan A. P.
Hart-Sharp Entertainment (Firm)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Focus Features spotlight series
- Language Note:
- English or French dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Overcome by the power of memory, Ann Lord reveals a long-held secret to her concerned daughters. Constance is a content wife and mother. Nina is a restless single woman. Both are at her bedside when Ann calls out for the man she loved more than any other. But her daughters wonder who is Harris and what is his relation to their mother? Constance and Nina try to take stock of Ann's life as their mother is tended to by a night nurse as she journeys into her mind back to a summer weekend some fifty years before, before she was married, going from New York City to be maid of honor at the high-society Newport wedding of her dearest friend from college, Lila Wittenborn. The bride-to-be is jittery, and turns to her maid of honor rather than her own mother for support. Ann stays close to her friend, yet is even closer to Lila's irrepressible brother Buddy. Unexpected feelings surge forth once Ann meets wedding guest Harris Arden, a lifelong friend and intimate of the Wittenborn family. Ann's love for Harris will change her life, and those of her daughters, forever.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some thematic elements, sexual material, a brief accident scene and language.
- Title from container.
Based on the novel by Susan Minot.
Special features: Deleted scenes; featurettes.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Gyula Pados ; editor, Allyson C. Johnson ; music, Jan A.P. Kaczmarek ; costume designer, Ann Roth ; production designer, Caroline Hanania.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Claire Danes, Toni Collette, Vanessa Redgrave, Patrick Wilson, Hugh Dancy, Natasha Richardson, Mamie Gummer, Eileen Atkins, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, dual layer, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 4164062