A man for all seasons [videorecording] / Columbia ; screenplay by Robert Bolt ; produced and directed by Fred Zinnemann
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
- Special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 120 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Zinnemann, Fred, 1907-1997
Scofield, Paul, 1922-2008
Hiller, Wendy, 1912-2003
McKern, Leo, 1920-2002
Welles, Orson, 1915-1985
Shaw, Robert, 1927-1978
Hurt, John, 1940-
Moore, Ted, 1914-1987
Delerue, Georges, 1925-1992
Columbia Pictures Corporation
Columbia TriStar Home Video (Firm)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English (Dolby 5.1 or mono.) or French dialogue with optional English, French or Portuguese subtitles; feature open-captioned in English; closed-captioned.
- Chancellor of England, Sir Thomas More, is placed in a difficult position when Henry VIII breaks with the Catholic Church over its refusal to annul his marriage to Katherine of Aragon so he can marry Anne Boleyn. Henry demands More's endorsement of this act. Torn between his conscience and duty to the crown, Sir Thomas chooses to say nothing.
- From the play by Robert Bolt.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1966.
Anamorphic widescreen (1.66:1) presentation.
Special feature: "The life of Saint Thomas More" featurette.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Photographed byTed Moore ; editor, Ralph Kemplen ; music composed and conducted by George Delerue.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Wendy Hiller, Leo McKern, Robert Shaw, Orson Welles, Susannah York, Paul Scofield, Nigel Davenport, John Hurt, Corin Redgrave.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, NTSC; region 1; Dolby Digital; remastered in high definition.
- Academy Awards, 1967: Best Picture; Best Director; Best Actor in a Leading Role (Scofield); Best Cinematography, Color; Best Costume Design, Color; Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium
View MARC record | catkey: 4166041