Human-induced climate change : an interdisciplinary assessment / edited by Michael Schlesinger [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Human induced climate change
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 426 pages : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Schlesinger, M. E. (Michael E.)
- The concept of climate sensitivity: history and development / Natalia Andronova et al. -- Effect of black carbon on mid-troposphere and surface temperature trends / Joyce E. Penner et al. -- Evaluating the impacts of carbonaceous aerosols on clouds and climate / Surabi Menon and Anthony D. Delgenio -- Probabilistic estimates of climate change: methods, assumptions and examples / Haroon S. Kheshgi -- The potential response of historical terrestrial carbon storage to changes in land use, atmospheric CO2, and climate / Atul K. Jain -- The albedo climate impacts of biomass and carbon plantations compared with the CO2 impact / M. Schaeffer et al. -- Overshoot pathways to CO2 stabilization in a multi-gas context / T.M.L. Wigley, R.G. Richels and J.A. Edmonds -- Effects of air pollution control on climate: results from an integrated global system model / Ronald Prinn et al. -- Dynamic forecasts of the sectoral impacts of climate change / Robert Mendelsohn and Larry Williams -- Assessing impacts and responses to global-mean sea-level rise / Robert J. Nicholls, Richard S.J. Tol and Jim W. Hall -- Developments in health models for integrated assessments / Kristie L. Ebi and R. Sarikoyats -- The impact of climate change on tourism and recreation / Jacqueline M. Hamilton and Richards J. Tol -- Using adaptive capacity to gain access to the decision-intensive ministries / Gary W. Yohe -- The impacts of climate change on Africa / Robert Mendelsohn -- Bottom-up modeling of energy and greenhouse gas emissions: approaches, results, and challenges to inclusion of end-use technologies / Jayant A. Sathaye -- Technology in an integrated assessment model: the potential regional deployment of carbon capture and storage in the context of global CO2 stabilization / J. A. Edmonds et al. -- and Hydrogen for light-duty vehicles: opportunities and barriers in the United States / James L. Sweeney -- The role of expectations in modeling costs of climate change policies / Paul M. Bernstein, Robert L. Earle and W. David Montgomery -- A sensitivity analysis of forest carbon sequestration / Brent Sohngen and Robert Mendelsohn -- Insights from EMF-associated agricultural and forestry greenhouse gas mitigation studies / Bruce A. Mccarl et al. -- Global agricultural land-use data for integrated assessment modeling / Navin Ramankutty et al. -- Past, present, and future of non-CO2 gas mitigation analysis / Francisco C. De La Chesnaye et al. -- How (and why) do climate policy costs differ among countries? / Sergey Paltsev et al. -- Lessons for mitigation from the foundations of monetary policy in the United States / Gary W. Yohe -- Climate policy design under uncertainty / William Pizer -- Climate policy assessment using the Asia-Pacific Integrated Model / Mikiko Kaingma et al. -- Price, quantity, and technology strategies for climate change policy / W. David Montgomery and Anne E. Smith -- What is the economic value of information about climate thresholds? / Klaus Keller et al. -- Boiled frogs and path dependency in climate policy decisions / Mort Webster -- Article 2 and long-term climate stabilization: methods and models for decisionmaking under uncertainty / Ferenc L. Toth -- Whither integrated assessment? Reflections from the leading edge / Hugh M. Pitcher, Gerald M. Stokes and Elizabeth L. Malone -- Moving beyond concentrations: the challenge of limiting temperature change / Richard G. Richels, Alan S. Manne and Tom M.L. Wigley -- International climate policy: approaches to policies and measures, and international coordination and cooperation / Brians Fisher et al.
- 9780521866033 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4167954