Turning around failing schools : leadership lessons from the organizational sciences / Joseph Murphy, Coby V. Meyers
- Murphy, Joseph, 1949-
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press : National Staff Devlopment Council : American Association of School Administrators, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 350 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Meyers, Coby V.
National Staff Development Council (U.S.)
American Association of School Administrators
- A framework for understanding turnaround -- Symptoms of decline -- Causes of organizational failure -- Crisis, consequences, and dysfunctional reactions -- Context and analytic frames for turnarounds -- Getting the right leadership -- Diagnosing the situation and taking emergency action -- Pathways to recovery: operational vision, efficiencies, and organizational processes -- Organizational work ethic and products -- Turning around failing schools: the landscape -- Turning around failing schools: the evidence.
- 9781412940962 (cloth : alk. paper)
1412940966 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781412940979 (pbk. alk. paper)
1412940974 (pbk. alk. paper)
- "A joint publication with the National Staff Development Council and the American Association of School Administrators."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4171318