Portugal 1:50,000 [cartographic material].
- Corporate Author:
- Great Britain. War Office. General Staff. Geographical Section
- [London] : War Office ; Washington, D.C. : Army Map Service, U.S. Army, 1942-
- 1st ed.-AMS 1.
- Physical Description:
- maps : color ; 41 x 65 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Army Map Service
- Geographical Section, General Staff ; no. 4145
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:50,000 ; Polyconic projection (W 9°47ʹ--W 6°20ʹ/N 42°12ʹ--N 36°55ʹ).
- Complete in 174 sheets. Set includes various issues of some sheets, including some reissued by U.S. Army Map Service. Some sheets, prepared under the direction of the Chief of engineers, U.S. Army, have series designation: Provisional G.S.G.S. 4145., Relief shown by contours., "Published by War Office 1942.", "Contour interval 25 metres.", Military grid., Five classes of roads and tracks, three classes of railroads, three types of internal boundaries, and various types of vegetation indicated., Based on Portuguese maps., "Glossary" included on some sheets., Marginal diagrams: Incidence of grid letters and index to adjoining sheets -- [Reliability diagram]., and Accompanied by index map on sheet 41 x 27 cm.
View MARC record | catkey: 4171821