ANALYSIS OF REGENERATION AND SWITCHING IN A TRANSISTOR BINARY CIRCUIT. Technical Memo. No. 63.
- Lewin, M. H.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1958.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1958.
- Physical Description:
- microopaque : positive ; 8 x 13 cm
- The switching of a conventional transistor flip-flop is analyzed, using Laplace transform techniques. While the circuit is characterized by a regeneration region, it is possible for the switching to be such that the circuit never enters tkils region. Implications of this type of switching are discussed. The dependence of transition time and recovery tims on circuit parameters is calculated, including a first approximation to the effect of collector capacity, which leads to an estimation of the maximum repetition rate for given transistors. Experimental verification of the difference between regenerative and nonregenerative switching is given. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: AT(30-1)-1238
NSA number: NSA-15-013473
OSTI Identifier 4057557
Research organization: Princeton Univ., N.J. Project Matterhorn.
View MARC record | catkey: 41889920