Public sector shock [electronic resource] : the impact of policy retrenchment in Europe / edited by Daniel Vaughan-Whitehead
- Additional Titles:
- Impact of policy retrenchment in Europe
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar ; Geneva, Switzerland : International Labour Office, ©2013.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 639 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Vaughan-Whitehead, Daniel and International Labour Office
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1. Public sector shock in Europe: Between structural reforms and quantitative adjustment / Daniel Vaughan-Whitehead -- 2. Public sector adjustment and the threat to gender equality / Jill Rubery -- 3. Early application of fiscal austerity measures in the Baltic States / Jaan Masso and Kerly Espenberg -- 4. Croatia: Public sector adaptation and its impact on working conditions / Vojmir Franic̆evic̉ and Teo Matkovic̉ -- 5. France: The public service under pressure /Jérôme Gautié -- 6. Public sector adjustments in Germany: From cooperative to competitive federalism / Gerhard Bosch -- 7. Public sector adjustment amidst structural adjustment in Greece: Subordinate, spasmodic and sporadic / Zafiris Tzannatos and Yannis Monogios -- 8. Hungary: Public sector labour market from crisis to crisis / Szilvia Altwicker Hámori and János Köllő -- 9. Cautious adjustment in a context of economic collapse: The public sector in the Irish crises / Philip O'Connell -- 10. Netherlands: Wage cuts no longer a constructive option / Wiemer Salverda -- 11. Portugal: Structural reforms interrupted by austerity / Helena Rato -- 12. Romania: A country under permanent public sector reform / Valentina Vasile -- 13. Those were the days, my friend: The public sector and the economic crisis in Spain / Rafael Muñoz de Bustillo and José-Ignacio Antón / 14. Early fiscal consolidation and negotiated flexibility in Sweden: A fair way out of the crisis? / Dominique Anxo -- 15. Austerity, privatization and levelling down: Public sector reforms in the United Kingdom / Damian Grimshaw.
- Global Financial Crisis (2008-2009)
- 2008 - 2009
- Government spending policy—Europe
- Civil service—Europe
- Public service employment—Europe
- Global Financial Crisis, 2008-2009—Government policy—Europe
- Finance, Public—Europe
- Europe—Social policy
- Europe—Appropriations and expenditures
- 9789221265689 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 41955589