North Carolina, Supreme Court, Raleigh : State v Weaver, December 1851 [printed].
- Raleigh, North Carolina : North Carolina Supreme Court, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm) and North Carolina. Division of Archives and History
- Prisoner indicted for receiving a male slave called Lewis from Moses Dean knowing that he was stolen. The defendant applied for a writ of certiorari in the Superior Court of Law in Forsythe County because a juror had been withdrawn by the Court without his consent. It was held that the Court was able to do this, against the defendant's wishes, if the Judge believes that this served the ends of justice. Motion for writ of certiorari refused.
- Other Subject(s):
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2007. Digitized from a copy held by the North Carolina State Archives.
- Location of Originals:
- North Carolina State Archives
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from the North Carolina State Archives
View MARC record | catkey: 41989888