Digital cinematography : fundamentals, tools, techniques, and workflows / David Stump
- Stump, David
- London : Routledge, 2020.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (colour)
- <STRONG>Chapter 1 -- Understanding Digital Theory</STRONG> <P></P><B><P>Chapter 2 -- Camera Sensors, DeBayering, Sensitivity and Noise</P></B><P></P><P><P></P><STRONG>Chapter 3 -- Color</STRONG> <P></P><P><B>Chapter 4 -- The Colorspace Conundrum</P></B><P></P><P><B>Chapter 5 -- MTF Resolution Contrast and Nyquist Theory</B></P><P></P><B><P>Chapter 6 -- Frame Rates and Aspect Ratios, High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut</P></B><P><P></P><B>Chapter 7 -- Lenses <P></P></B><P><B>Chapter 8 -- Camera Issues</P></B><P></P><B><P>Chapter 9 -- High Resolution Digital Motion Picture Cameras</B></P><B><P>Chapter 10 -- Camera Setup / Operation</P><P></P></B><P></P><B><P>Chapter 11 -- Prep, Work Flow Design and Testing</B></P><P></P><B><P>Chapter 12 -- The Shoot</P></B><P></P><P></P><B><P>Chapter 13 -- Workflow, Data & Color Management</P><P></P></B><P><B>Chapter 14 -- Displays and Recorders</P></B><P></P><B><P>Chapter 15 -- File Formats, Log Encoding, Data and Compression</P></B><P></P><P></P><B><P>Chapter 16 -- Post Production and Digital Intermediate</B></P><B><P></P><P>Chapter 17 -- Delivering and Archiving Digital Movies</P></B>
- Today's successful cinematographer must be equal parts artist, technician, and business-person. The cinematographer needs to master the arts of lighting, composition, framing and other aesthetic considerations, as well as the technology of digital cameras, recorders, and workflows, and must know how to choose the right tools (within their budget) to get the job done. David Stump's Digital Cinematography focuses on the tools and technology of the trade, looking at how digital cameras work, the ramifications of choosing one camera versus another, and how those choices help creative cinematographers to tell a story. This book empowers the reader to correctly choose the appropriate camera and workflow for their project from today's incredibly varied options, as well as understand the ins and outs of implementing those options. Veteran ASC cinematographer David Stump has updated this edition with the latest technology for cameras, lenses, and recorders, as well as included a new section on future cinematographic trends. Ideal for advanced cinematography students as well as working professionals looking for a resource to stay on top of the latest trends, this book is a must read.
- 9780429889004 (ePub ebook)
9780429889011 (PDF ebook)
9780429888991 (Mobipocket ebook)
- Previous edition: 2014.
View MARC record | catkey: 41990790