The Allen Site : a Paleoindian camp in southwestern Nebraska / edited by Douglas B. Bamforth
- Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 284 pages : illustrations, maps ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bamforth, Douglas B.
- Introduction / Douglas B. Bamforth -- Previous Paleoindian research at Medicine Creek / E. Mott Davis -- Landforms, alluvial stratigraphy, and radiocarbon chronology at selected Paleoindian sites around Medicine Creek Reservoir / David May -- Cultural and paleoenvironmental implications of freshwater mussels from the Allen Site / Robert E. Warren -- Growth increment analysis of freshwater mussel shell from the Allen Site / James C. Chatters -- Paleoenvironmental interpretations of the Late Pleistocene and Early Holocene in southwestern Nebraska : the pollen and phytolith evidence / Linda Scott Cummings, Thomas E. Moutoux, and Reid A. Bryson -- Early Holocene vegetation of the central Great Plains based on paleobotanical and paleoethnobotanical remains from the Medicine Creek area / L. Anthony Zalucha -- Archaeology of the Allen Site : introduction, fieldwork, and provenience data / Douglas B. Bamforth -- Spatial structure and refitting of the Allen Site lithic assemblage / Douglas B. Bamforth and Mark Becker -- The Allen Site lithic assemblage / Douglas B. Bamforth and Mark Becker -- Other archaeological evidence / Douglas B. Bamforth -- Faunal evidence for subsistence and settlement patterns at the Allen Site / Jean Hudson -- Synthesis : Paleoindian occupation of the Allen Site / Douglas B. Bamforth -- Beyond Medicine Creek : the Allen Site and Plains Paleoindian-period ways of life / Douglas B. Bamforth.
- 9780826342959 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0826342957 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-278) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4204553