A Biggs festival [sound recording] : the many sounds of E. Power Biggs
- Biggs, E. Power (Edward Power), 1906-1977
- New York : Columbia Masterworks, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Soler, Antonio, 1729-1783, Buxtehude, Dietrich, 1637-1707, Clarke, Jeremiah, 1669?-1707, Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750, Gabrieli, Andrea, approximately 1533-1585, Frescobaldi, Girolamo, 1583-1643, Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893, Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791, Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759, and Bach, Johann Michael, 1648-1694
- The emperor's fanfare / Soler -- Toccata and fugue in D minor, BWV 565 / Bach -- Intonation for organ on the 1st. tone ; Plaudite, psalite / Gabrieli -- Sonata no. 11 in D major, K. 245 / Mozart -- In dulci jubilo, BWV 751 / Bach -- Fugue in C major : Jig / Buxtehude -- The Prince of Denmark's march / Clarke -- Nutcracker suite. Trepak / Tchaikovsky -- Captain Sargent's quick march -- The president's march -- Adagio for a glass harmonica, K. 356 / Mozart -- Organ concerto no. 13 in F major. Allegro : The cuckoo and the nightingale / Handel -- Concerto no. 3 in G major / Soler -- Canzon prima in G major / Frescobaldi -- Cantata no. 29. Sinfonia : We thank Thee, Lord, we thank Thee / Bach.
- Related Titles:
- Emperor's fanfare, Intonation for organ: on Plaudite, psalite, Jig, Prince of Denmark's march, Captain Sargent's quick march, President's march, Adagio for a glass harmonica, Cuckoo and the nightingale, and Canzon prima in G major
- Original works and arrangements for organ or pedal harpsichord; compiled from earlier recordings of performances on various instruments.
View MARC record | catkey: 421135