From embryology to evo-devo : a history of developmental evolution / edited by Manfred D. Laubichler and Jane Maienschein
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 569 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Laubichler, Manfred Dietrich
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Dibner Institute studies in the history of science and technology
- Does history recapitulate itself? : epistemological reflections on the origins of evolutionary developmental biology / Manfred D. Laubichler -- Living with the biogenetic law : a reappraisal / Frederick B. Churchill -- William Bateson's physicalist ideas / Stuart A. Newman -- To evo-devo through cells, embryos, and morphogenesis / Jane Maienschein -- A century of evo-devo : the dialectics of analysis and synthesis in twentieth-century life science / Garland E. Allen --
The cell as the basis for heredity, development, and evolution : Richard Goldschmidt's program of physiological genetics / Marsha L. Richmond -- The relations between comparative embryology, morphology, and systematics : an American perspective / John P. Wourms -- Morphological and paleontological perspectives for a history of evo-devo / Alan C. Love -- Echoes of Haeckel? : reentrenching development in evolution / William C. Wimsatt --
Fate maps, gene expression maps, and the evidentiary structure of evolutionary developmental biology / Scott F. Gilbert -- Tracking organic processes : representations and research styles in classical embryology and genetics / James Griesemer -- The juncture of evolutionary and developmental biology / Elihu M. Gerson -- Tapping many sources : the adventitious roots of evo-devo in the nineteenth century / Brian K. Hall -- Six memos for ev-devo / Gerd B. Müller -- The current state and the future of developmental evolution / Günter P. Wagner.
- 9780262122832 (alk. paper)
0262122839 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
View MARC record | catkey: 4309679