Mechanisms : new media and the forensic imagination / Matthew G. Kirschenbaum
- Kirschenbaum, Matthew G.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 296 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- "Every contact leaves a trace" : storage, inscription, and computer forensics -- Extreme inscription : a grammatology of the hard drive -- "An old house with many rooms" : the textual forensics of Mystery[underscore]house.dsk -- Save as : Michael Joyce's Afternoons -- Text messaging : the transformissions of "Agrippa."
- Kirschenbaum examines new media and electronic writing against the textual and technological primitives that govern writing, inscription, and textual transmission in all media: erasure, variability, repeatability, and survivability.
- 9780262113113 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0262113112 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -277) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4310072